Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Flu Season

Hello, blog. I'm sorry I've been neglecting you. My life has recently become something out of a Sam Shepard play and it's been rather distracting. But things seem to be clearing up, so I should have more time to think.

I wanted to talk about The Flu Season, even though that was a few days ago. You know how there are pieces of art that come along at certain times in your life that just seem to say everything that you need to hear? You read them and think, "Yes, this is what's wrong. I'm so glad I'm not alone in worrying that I might be turning into an aardvark." This play was one of those pieces for me. I'm so glad it came along at just the right time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I'm not turning into an almond. Or am I? Aren't we all almonds, in some way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so. Maybe it would all be better as an almond.

    ReplyDelete