Thursday, January 7, 2010

Melancholy Play

Three reasons Melancholy Play made me happy.

1) She's got a point that we're sort of a bi-feeling culture. We're either happy or depressed. That doesn't mean that people don't get melancholy, we just don't really know what to do with it anymore.

2) There's a cello player.

3) Once upon a time, when I was younger, I used to write these stories about a group of friends. They weren't for anyone or anything, they were just for fun. The people were sort of based on my friends and people I wished were my friends and how I wished things were sometimes. It helped me a lot when I was in high school. There was a character named Julian who was based on a few people I knew and was one of my favorites to write. His boyfriend, some of the time, was this random, not very well written, Italian named Lorenzo. That fact that there were characters named Julian and Lorenzo and their ending in the play just made me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment