Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm a Loser

I have been the worst at updating this blog. First it was vacation and then I got sick... I am just full of excuses!

My big plan was to read Blue Window today and come up with an exhilarating and innovative post. However, I mistakenly purchased a Craig Lucas anthology that did not include that play.

Basically I suck at life.

So instead I shall post some recollections of some plays from the past few days:

Body Image: Old lesbians named Joyce and Phyllis? I could not stop thinking about the L Word for the whole time. That was a problem. I think that I disliked the play for that reason.

Tongues/Savage Love: Hard to read things that are meant to be seen sometimes. Savage Love>Tongues.

Melancholy Play: Love love love loved it. One of my favorites thus far. In the comments on the back of the play, someone, I forget who, said that if they were trapped on a desert island they'd want Sarah Ruhl there to tell them stories. I kind of agree.

God of Carnage: How does one vomit on stage? I need to ask a techie. Although I'm secretly hoping they auditioned some French chick who can vomit on command. I would be more pissed if someone vomited on my coffee table books. Those things are expensive. Oh yeah, the rest of the plot was okay too.

Flu Season: I honestly don't remember what happened. There were some mentally ill people and I think they didn't fall in love after they did.

Buried Child: Full of dead baby jokes.

1 comment:

  1. It's okay, I've been sick too, and amazon hasn't gotten stuff to me and I leave tomorrow, so yeah........ We'll see how that works out.

    ReplyDelete